CITY OF PONTIAC COMMUNITY CALENDAR SUBMISSION POLICY
Organizations may submit a calendar item through our online calendar submission form. Please review the policy below before proceeding to the event submission form.
The more information provided by the submitting organization, the easier it is for the city to determine whether to post an event. Submitting organizations are encouraged to fill out the online form completely with all information regarding the event. This includes details such as:
- Event title
- Location (street address)
- Fee, if any, including how much, when is it due, and how it may be paid
- Event description (box for text)
Please Note, anonymous or incomplete submissions will not be posted.
The Communications Division reviews all requests to ensure event submissions comply with the standards set forth in this policy. The City of Pontiac’s community calendar is a text-only listing. Fliers, brochures, and other documents will not be posted, but you are welcome to forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration to post on the city's social media platforms.
A qualifying event is a structured, carefully planned, legal gathering that is open to the public; includes entertainment, programming, and/or activities; and involves a targeted theme or cause. Events may have an associated entrance or participation fee, but they cannot be for-profit. The event must be located in the 48340, 48341, 48342, or 48343 zip codes. Additionally, events must meet one or more of the following criteria to be eligible for posting to a community calendar:
- City event or activity
- City sponsored or funded
- Not-for-profit community events open to the public and not exclusionary in nature, located within or adjacent to the city limits and meet the definition of a qualifying event
Items Not Permitted on the Community Calendar:
- Commercial, private, political or religious advertising
- Private, commercial or for-profit events
- Events not open to all members of the public
- Partisan political events
- Cause or opinion-based activities which are deemed inappropriate for city support
- Discriminatory, hostile, or extremist activities
- Fundraisers that are not part of an actual “event” will not be listed on city calendars. This includes restaurant events that donate a portion of sales to a certain organization (even if non-profit), sales of coupon books, cookie sales, etc.
Community calendar requests should be submitted online at least three (3) weeks prior to the date of the event. For example, a request to advertise an event taking place in December should be submitted by November 15. Events submitted within two weeks of the event date will not be considered for posting.
Submitting an event for the community calendar does not mean that other necessary city resources (such as permits, police, and road closures) are being handled. Organizers should contact the city’s Community Development Department at (248) 758-2800 for more information.
Removal of an Item
Events submitted to the calendar known to contain any form of the following shall not be posted or shall be removed:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal interest of any other party
The city reserves the right to restrict or remove any content or event that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law.
The Communications Division is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy. Any inquiries about this document should be addressed with the Communications Division at email@example.com.
Community Calendar Submission Form
Click here to go to the Community Calendar Submission Form. By clicking here, you acknowledge that you understand Community Calendar Submission Guidelines.