MAIN: (248) 758-3200
FAX: (248) 758-3160
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday Before Every Election: 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk
- The City Clerk's office is a primary point of contact for the public and strives to provide the highest quality of service to the community
- The City Clerk is the official keeper of the records for the City of Pontiac. The responsibilities of the City Clerk are numerous, and are defined by state and local statutes
- The City Clerk is the Clerk of the Council, and is responsible for all Council agendas and official minutes of the meetings. The City Clerk's Office maintains records of all ordinances and resolutions
- The City Clerk is responsible for issuing liquor licenses
- The City Clerk serves as the Director of Elections for all elections held in the City of Pontiac. The Clerk administers all elections and supervises the registration of the voters, division of the precincts and training of election workers
- Click here for a list of the most frequently asked questions received by the Clerk's office
- Please read this notice regarding the new picture id requirement for voting
- Please read this notice regarding "Election Challengers." Know your rights
2015 City Clerk Annual Report
UPCOMING ELECTION DATES:
The November 8,2016 Ballot included a proposal to levy a 1.5 mill tax for a period of 10 years for the purpose of expending funds for centers open exclusively to youth under 21 years of age. It is estimated that up to $900,000.00 will be collected in the first year.
Election Workers Needed
BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
Would you like to serve on one of the City of Pontiac's Boards or Commissions?
UPCOMING ELECTION INFORMATION
Click on the "Elections" link on the left for complete election information.
VITAL STATISTICS NOTICE
The City Clerk's office does not currently issue Birth Certificates and Death Certificates. Please go to the Oakland County Clerk's office at 1200 North Telegraph Road, Pontiac, Michigan to obtain one.
All new Executive Orders from the Emergency Manager will be posted on the website. Click here to download the latest orders.
- Am I registered/Where Do I Go To Vote?
- Absentee Ballot Application
- Permanent Absentee Voter Application Request
- District Council Map
- Precinct Map and Voting Locations
- How Do the Voting Machines Work? (this link is disabled until a new video is released)
- Order Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates Online (through the Oakland County website)
- Voter Registration Application