Events

Civil War Statue Is Restored

Local volunteers helped restore the civil war statue in front of city hall that was damaged during a storm in 2012. It was originally erected in 1927 by the "Daughters of Union Veterans" and stood at the corner or Saginaw and Oakland (historic photo courtesy of Pontiac Public Library).

Click on one of the images below to enlarge:

civil1_mini  civil2_thumb  civil4_thumb  civil3_thumb  civil5_thumb

(photos by j. cohassey)